For my dear blogger friends who placed some comments in my previous entry, sorry that I did not answer one by one. Perhaps this entry could highlight some of my whereabouts.
I was on a long leave since Chinese New Year. Unplanned additional leave after CNY due to some pressing matters which need to be sorted out. Hard to write and share maybe because it is even harder to think about it. Nevertheless, life must go on…things happened in the past cannot be changed unless something similar to the movie “Back to the future”…
During my unplanned leave, my mind, body and soul are focused on thinking about what had happened in the past beyond my imagination and knowledge. Something which can’t be described through scientific or logical explanation. Closing the old chapters of life and placed it somewhere in the far corner is what is desirable and must do. Again, it is easy said than done but not impossible to do. What is important…forgive those who had make us suffered and may Allah showed them and us the right path in life.
“The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved,
it is a reality to be lived.”...Van der Leeuwarden.
Back to office, much I have to catch up. Much traveling to be done for work related for the next two months. Alhamdullilah, even I am still in the midst of building back my inner strength and energy, I felt that I am healthy.
" Strength doesn't come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."... Mahatma Gandhi
Called my friend’s house today to finding out how is she doing. Managed to talk to her mother as she was upstairs praying. She went through her second series of chemo last Thursday according to her mother. She learned to manage herself better this time according to mother since she had her first experience during her first chemo. Her hair started to fall. I told her mother, I will visit her once I am free. Deep down in my heart, I wish I could gather my strength quickly enough so that I could visit her. I will need to avoid visiting others especially those who are critically ill if I was not well.
Reading some health magazine, this is what I found..
18 ways to simplify your life (source: Health magazine Jan/Feb 2008)
1. Think and write down what really matters to you (yes I did as part of my resolution)
2. Have short and long term goals (yes...somewhere)
3. Use online banking (I had practiced these long ago bcoz I hate waiting in the bank)
4. Make time for yourself (will do it more frequent)
5. Carry no more than 2 credit cards (yes, have one now but need another one for official travelling)
6. Identify bad habits (some may not be all)
7. Stop being a perfectionist (oh yes...but in some situaton is is needed!)
8. Don’t do other people’s work. Give up the “hero” mentality (yes...yes...)
9. Hire someone for chores you’re not fond of (must if got money)
10. Cut back on television time ( i m very selective on TV program)
11. Clean out your office and home (a must for me...if not the brain stuck)
12. Stop spending time with whiners ( ???)
13. Plan time for annual vacation (used to...not anymore for the last 4 years)
14. Carry a smaller wallet or purse (really?...why?)
15. Live closer to your work place (my wish list...right now my travelling time ranges from 1.5 - 3 hrs/day..sigh..)
16. Learn to say NO ( yes...I am now...)
17. Cut back on childrens’ planned activities ( ok..)
18. Track your expenses ( yes...definately..)
Will be back...
Feb 24, 9:30 pm