Friday, October 13, 2006

TO MY FRIENDS...& happenings

TO MY FRIENDS WHO ARE…SINGLE
Love is like a butterfly
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you.
But if you just let it fly, it will come to you when you least expected it.

Love can make you happy but often its hurt,
but love is only special when you give it to someone who is really worth it.

So take your time and choose the best.


TO MY FRIENDS WHO ARE…NOT SO SINGLE
Love isn’t about becoming somebody else’s “perfect person”.

It’s about finding someone who helps you become the best person you can be.


TO MY FRIENDS WHO ARE…ENGAGED
The true measure of compatibility is not the years spent together
But how good you are for each other


TO MY FRIENDS WHO ARE…MARRIED
Love is not about “it’s your fault”, but “I’m sorry
Not “where you are”, but “I’m right here for you
Not “how could you”, but “I understand
Not “I wish you were”, but “I’m thankful you are


TO MY FRIENDS WHO ARE…HEARTBROKEN
Heartbreaks last as long as you want
And cut as deep as you allow them to go
The challenge is not how to survive heartbreaks
But to learn from them


TO MY FRIENDS WHO ARE… NAÏVE
How to be in love:
Be consistent but not too persistent
Share and never be unfair
Understand and try not to demand
And get hurt but never keep the anger


TO MY FRIENDS WHO ARE… POSSESSIVE
It breaks your heart to see the one you love
Happy with someone else
But it’s more painful to know that the one you love
Is unhappy with you


TO MY FRIENDS WHO ARE …AFRAID TO CONFESS
Love hurts when you break up with someone.
It hurts even more when someone breaks up with you

But love hurts the most
When the person you love has no idea how you feel about him/her


TO MY FRIEND WHO ARE… STILL HOLDING ON
A sad thing about life if when you meet someone and fall in love,
only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be,
and that you have wasted years on someone who wasn’t worth it.

If that person doesn’t worth it now, it’s not going to be worth it a year or 10 years from now.


TO ALL MY FRIENDS
My wish for you is man/women whose love is:

Honest, strong, mature, never changing,
protective, encouraging, rewarding and unselfish



Note:

Thanks to my beloved friend, Zelda, for sending me the above.


The happenings:

The weather has been so pleasant today with sunshine. A break from normal days with drizzle and gloomy weather. I love walking around campus just to meet people and breathe fresh air. Mingle with undergrad adik2 and friends from other school is more motivating rather than unproductively sitting in front of my PC in the office during day time. This is so much so during this Ramadhan period to talk about iftar and the plan for Eid celebration, a common looking forward to do rather than smelling coffee and food in my office. Not that I could not stand the aroma...but it make me want to sleep more...

Moreover, there is no peace of mind at all in this small office space during day time which accommodates four of us as people talking, phone ringing, the door opening/closing and everyone is stressful in their own way. The last thing to do is to be in a stressful environment when our mind is already stressful. It is better to avoid if possible rather than to let the mind and body dip into this environment. Visiting and feeding ducks in the campus pond is bliss. I do pass through the pond and have a short stay watching the ducks, swan, goose and birds (I never realise all this while how pleasant it is to have this activity as part of balancing my stressful life!).

I had reached to the limit of productivity (i.e. I am being unproductive) in my living room of my flat. Too much sleep, too frequent calling home, too lonely...too much....etc etc. I had enough of, I would consider, pampering myself for quite a while to get over from my abnormal cycle of body clock which had caused me some unpleasant & quite serious health condition earlier. Make me realise something that I used to do before may not anymore appropriate for me. Obviously, I need some adjustment here and there. But now, it is a must to shift back to my nite routine stay in my office considering I want to expediate my finishing line. Well, obviously my face will look stone and serious again…but this is what I need to get my brain to strive really hard again & maximise its capacity to reach the goal.


Tonite, I met my Turkish fren. We chat abt happenings. It was good to know that she already started working in London last 2 weeks. Her tired face really shows as if she has lost her zest. She told me that she had been under stressful condition especially a few days before her examination last two days. It is so normal and the say: no pain no gain. That is what it takes to move on to finishing line…

To stay determine, loads of courage and finally to FINISH is all matters most.

This early morning as i drove back home, I can see a clear sky, shining of half moon and glittering stars. I stood outside of my flat for a while just to look at the sky...Something abt this early morning which generate a calm atmosphere.. (Gee...I am lost of word to describe it..Anywayyyyy...that is the feeling)....

Oct 13, 2006 4:00 am

13 comments:

Ordinary Superhero said...

Salam. Hope everything is well.

Bunga Rampai said...

Salam AM. Wow, saya suka membacanya :)

KakNi said...

Kalau kat office tu kan, lepas office hours, after orang semua dah balik barulah rasa macam tenang dan semangat nak buat kerja, tapi susah jugak nak stay back sebab ada commitment lain - nak ambik anak dari sekolah.

~ GAB ~ said...

I've to come back and read again, I am now rushing for my Friday prayer and just to let AM know by leaving a trace... Errkk.. Which category do I belong to over there? Single?...Not so single? weheheh

Idham said...

:) banyak tips tu...

I find the magic word of "I am sorry" so so potent in keeping a harmonious relationship.

*nicewarm feeling reading ur reflections of activities, thoughts and moods *

Idham

Anonymous said...

what can i say, except I feel you.

maklang said...

Take care, AM. Selamat berpuasa dan selamat hari raya...Tak sabar nak balik kampung...

sue said...

salam ramadhan and take care

anggerik merah said...

OSH,

Thanks.
-------

bunga rampai,
glad you like it. I like it too.

---

cik ni,
tu lah sometimes we need senyap & sunyi to be effective.
Raya kat mana?
---------

Gab,

hehehe...I think we can choose any category kot.
----

Idham,
:-)...Yes very true: "I am sorry" is the magic phrase.

-----

atn,

only we can understand. Nice chat with you last nite.

-----

Mak lang,

TQ for reminder me abt raya. Selamat balik kampung. Keep posting story kay.

-------
Sue,

same to you.This year is the year that the 3 of you celebrate together. I am happy for you. You take care dear.


-----

Nong said...

Sometimes in life, we will some how will fit in one of those categories...

Take care dear.

Anonymous said...

My dear Anggerik Merah,

Some people say:
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

But such is life. It takes all kinds to make the world dear. All the best my dear.

Anonymous said...

.

wei, panjang jugak.... will i see you again when i go there end of nobember?

mostly in the morning when i baru balik dari dari dari, well, enjoy, the feeling yang ada is only sleepiness lah....

merry hari raya....

dudaesimboyo

.

anggerik merah said...

Kak Nong,

Yes, it is so true. You take care too.

-----

Kak Ruby,

Yes, again so very true. You take care too.

-----

Dudae,

Hope to be back home by then.

Ahh...you play golf in the morning?

Merry hari raya to you & family too.