1) About work: In my department, already 2 of my colleagues battling with cancer. One is breast cancer and another is esofagus cancer. We are lacked of seniors to lead the group. Most of my colleagues left the company for greener pasture. 70% of workforce is less than 5 years experience. A suddent re-org last 2 years had a big impact to people and organisation. Thank God that I was not here when such transformation happen. It is hard to build back the place. I noticed that with my full energy to try to help, only limited number of people that still have that energy to make believe that there is a future for our organisation. The rest just do what ever they are asked to do. Most are demotivated with bringing up the place.
2) About family: With my Asperger syndrome child, much to deal especially with no interest of going to school. But we have to manage and provide whatever needed to get him going. Big man is a stay home day since last April to have more time focusing on lil man's need and education.
3) I am still having my "unfinished business" hold up for almost 2 years now. I must confess, I lost the energy. But I never give up to plan of getting it over. After all that happened in life, this was kept KIV. Something that I never wish to hold anymore. I pray to God to give me all the strength to get to the end and close this chapter of life and move on.
4) At this age, weird that I am still searching for role model in life. It shows that all my life, I never have one. Will I ever have one?
5) Offlate, my energy level is very low. I could not figure out why. I need to boost up that energy. Maybe my fibromyalgia much affecting me.
BTW, I like this quote:
One thing I realise and sometimes laugh at my self...this blog of mine is really a dumping place of my thought and feeling. Nothing sophisticated or educational about what I write here. But I belief it has to stay that way. At least I share my thought and feeling with the whole world.
I don't blog at office since I don't have time for it. Every hours is so precious to get work done and the internet at office also being controlled. Once reach home, I felt half dead already. Travelling time on average 1 - 2 hours a day on the road really kiling me. I bought a house near office but I will only be ready in a year time. It should also serve as our retirement house away from hectic life.
Pic 1: Somewhere in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Pic 2: Tasik Dayang Bunting, Langkawi
Pic 3: Bali, Indonesia
This is what I found:
There are TEN Life Laws of Life Strategies outlined by Philip C. McGraw:
Life Law #1 : You either get it, or you don’t.
Strategy : Become one of those who gets it.
Life Law #2 : You create your own experience.
Strategy : Acknowledge and accept accountability for your life.
Life Law #3 : People do what works.
Strategy : Identify the payoffs that drive your behavior and that of others.
Life Law #4 : You cannot change what you do not acknowledge.
Strategy : Get real with yourself about your life and everybody in it.
Life Law #5 : Life rewards action.
Strategy : Make careful decisions and then pull the trigger.
Life Law #6 : There is no reality; only perception.
Strategy : Identify the filters through which you view the world.
Life Law #7 : Life is managed; it is not cured.
Strategy : Learn to take charge of your life.
Life Law #8 : We teach people how to treat us.
Strategy : Own, rather than complain about, how people treat you.
Life Law #9 : There is power in forgiveness.
Strategy : Open your eyes to what anger and resentment are doing to you.
Life Law #10 : You have to name it before you can claim it.
Strategy : Get clear about what you want and take your turn.
January 14, 2009