Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Homework blues...

I still don't understand if it is a typical problem with the boys in general when it come to homework...

In the pass this has become a big challenge for me to help out my boy with his homework...the reason being sometimes he did not accept ideas that was given to him...like he was searching for better ideas and sometimes it cud be for 2 hours until he was happy with his idea...waiting for that long in front of him after giving him all my best suggestions/idea make me fall asleep....

Well the situation had improved for sometimes..he did not procrastinate doing his homework and he will try to do himself and left part that he really don't understand for me to help him....but last night was another challenge...after helping him out on math and he was left with one which he has to think what he want to do with it..while waiting for him to do his own thinking then i looked at his writing book...I spotted 2 missing e from repeatative of writing 4 series word "because". I pointed out to him and asked him to take a pencil and write word e...to my surprised he refused it. He said it was difficult...and I could not understand his other reasons until he started to cry outloud said he did not want to continue all his work and want to leave it for tomorrow morning..Well I was kind of saying to him that he might not have enough time tomorrow morning..He kept on crying and run upstairs to bed...leaving me with heart attack with this homework blues thing...sigh...what did I do wrong?? talking to myself..

After 0.5 hrs I went to bed and was loooking at his face, thot that he was sleeping...then he smile at me..i kisses him all over his face...then we started to talk again...I told him that I had big headache. He massaged my head while saying to me that sometime he do feel kind of "sting" like a bee sting on his head especially when he thinks a lot. I'm kind off suggesting to him that we go and see doctor. He said he don't want it.. Then I make him to go to sleep by rubbing his eyebrow reminding him that this was what i normally did to him when he was little to make him go to sleep..

This morning, I was kind of waking-up late because I had strong headache last nite. Went down stairs and searching for him..He was in dining room. What are you doing there?..he told me that he is doing his homework...Deep in my heart I felt guilty about what happened last nite...
Then I kissed him saying I love him and and enjoy his school..

That is my little man...

Sometimes it is very hard for me to understand his character..Did discuss with his teacher at school. The teacher told me that he has a strong character, smart yet stubborn and not easily accepting others idea (has opinion of his own). He is very good at discussion bcoz he gives a lot of good ideas on different topic and very knowlegable..but don't like something repetitative and writing. He likes to draw something weird and different character like object with several hands/fingers with full of imagination which he was the only one who can understand..Play with dinasour all the time and really engrose with it..like he is in his own world.. that is my little man..

If anyone out there do have boy with similar character, please share with me as sometimes I have a bit of difficulty to handle him..He is the only child in the family..

No comments: