Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Good bye Jim

See... I can't get away from not having my entry..and blog hop.. Less than a day I come back. RB, DITH, QOTH, Kak Teh...I am back!
Many time need to borrow rotan from AuntyYan...suruh pi buat kerja..write paper etc etc..but being in the blogging world is so much interesting...which is difficult to resist! Here is my story for today..
Jim is an old man aged 60 something. Despite of age he is full of energy. He is a witty, easy to get along and very positive man. He is a man who always make me laugh and we always play hide and seek in the lab. Sometimes we just behave like kids and makes a lot of jokes. His presence turn my mundane and boring life more joyvial and interesting. At time when I see him depressed I make him laugh and he willingly talk to me what is it that bothering him.
One day, it caught me by surprised that someone in the lab told me that he is suffering from brain tumor. Had operation in the past but now it come again. Ever since I knew he had that problem, the more that I will not allow him to feel depressed and the more I make jokes (although I am quite a serious persons before and no idea of making good jokes that can make people laugh) and play around in the lab just to make him forget about his suffering.
One day, when friend and I were talking abt my hubby being hospitalised due to some health problem, then he opened up to me 'not to take things for granted when it come to health matter'. He told me about his fighting with brain tumor. I listened to him and pretended that I did not know his story. Since that day, everytime we met I will slot in the question of how he felt now with new medication etc..and gave him encouragement that it will be ok...and he will get better and better.
An hour ago, we say goodbye to him because he is retiring from this place and will make a move to France to leave peacefully and do some part time work there.
Knowing him for more almost 3 years, it is kind of hard to say goodbye. The three of us (Jim, his wife and I) took picture. I told him to find me in Malaysia if he is there. He then gave me his card with picture of his house in France. Nice house surrounded by many green environment, huge swimming pool. His wife explained to me further about the shape of the house and the surrounding.
We continued with the last jokes and before he walked away from lab, I said to him..please give me a big hug will ya! He turned back and gave me a really big hug in front of everyone and said ' you take a good care of yourself, AM'. I replied 'you too.. Jim and all the best to you'.
Goodbye Jim and hope to see you again!

5 comments:

Ely said...

i want to retire too!

anggerik merah said...

Hi Ely, huh? you want to retire? hehehe...you are still young!

dith said...

Aikk..he called you AM as well? hehe. Your relationship must be something to have warranted that big hug. But I cant envisage 2 grown ups playing hide n seek in the lab summore..!
I was hoping that you posted the pic of you three at the end of entry..alas..:(

Queen Of The House said...

I hope Jim enjoys his retirement. For a while there I thought you were saying goodbye bcos something really bad happened to Jim. Definitely not good to have negative thoughts.
DITH.... we all yang tak post our pics ni ... sebab malu kot ;)

aNIe said...

Sometimes there are some people that will always stay in our heart.....

Betullah QOTH...tajuk entry tu membuat kita pk yang negative...tak baik betul...